4 Year Olds · Pre-Kindergarten
3 Day Class
This class will introduce the required Preschool curriculum in preparation academically and socially for Kindergarten. Teacher provides many learning opportunities to reach different learning styles while children make friends and gain self-confidence.
Each day is unique but includes the same basic elements.
- Child choice /centers: puzzles and toys, center activities, (i.e. kitchen, dress-up, science, blocks, books, time for social interaction and developing friendships.) During this time the children learn about decision making and sharing as they play. Teachers also take the opportunity to work with them, one on one or in small groups.
- Circle time activities: opening song and prayer, calendar, helper chart, Bible story, learning concepts, and introduction to the craft.
- Craft Time: Fine Motor skills and academic concepts are reinforced and new ones are practiced through the crafts and other creative activities.
- Wash up and snack time: Snack time gives the children the opportunity to socialize and be responsible for themselves.
- Active play: takes place in the Gym or outside on the playground where children use their large muscles.
- Show & Tell/Letter of the week: Helps the children develop their language skills and self-confidence by speaking in front of their classmates.
- Story time, Songs, and Fingerplays: The children have an opportunity to learn new songs, develop memory skills and have fun with rhythms during this time.
- Coats on and closing circle: good-bye song, prayer and angel stamp, open the door to waiting parents and dismissal.
Must be 4 by December 1st
Monday · Wednesday · Friday
9:00 AM - 11:30 AM
12:00 PM - 2:30 PM
CONTACT Kellie Hudson
585.723.4673 x 141 | firstname.lastname@example.org