WELCOME TO HOPE YOUTH ROC
Whether it’s tech, transitions, time or troubles, if you’re in 6th-12th grade, you are in a unique season of life at a crazy time in history! You need the stability of a God who knows all of the concerns of your hearts and speaks the Good News of a Savior who covers all your failures at the Cross. We’re here to share Hope with you as you live real lives in the midst of a tough world. Come find God’s truth, guidance, and community. Come get involved at HopeYouthROC!
youth parent meeting -- SEPT. 11 AT 7:30
Parents of students in grades 6 to 12 are invited for our Fall Youth Parent Meeting in the Higher Ground space upstairs on Wednesday, September 11. Pastor Greg will share more about the Hope Youth program and go over events for the coming school year. We will also cover how the Youth program uses Realm, our church management software. Pre-registering here helps us provide enough snacks!
This meeting will immediately follow the Quest Parent Meeting at 6:30.
Coming Events for 678 Youth (grades 6 to 8)
Quest registration is now open
Quest is our two-year Confirmation program for middle schoolers at Hope. Information regarding the 2019-20 program is up on the Quest tab, but all (prospective) Quest parents should attend the Quest Parent Meeting with Pastor Greg in the Higher Ground space upstairs from 6:30 - 7:30 on Wednesday, September 11. Online registration for both Quest 1 and 2 is at the top of that page and is due Sunday, September 15.
678 fall kick-off at minnehan's
Sunday, September 8, 12:30 - 5:15 -- register here by September 5.
All middle schoolers are welcome to join us for our annual 678 Youth Fall Kick-Off of go-carts, golf, and games -- friends are welcome! We meet in the Higher Ground space upstairs at 12:30 to start with pizza and getting-to-know-you games led by Pastor Greg. Later, we'll go to Minnehan’s for two hours of unlimited go-cart and mini-golf fun -- see last year's photos here. Parents who aren't driving can pick up at Hope by 5:15. Please pre-register to attend and have your Hope Youth Participation Packet on file for this school year.
Coming Events for 912 Youth (grades 9 to 12)
912 Youth Aerial Adventure Trip
RAIN DATE: Sat., Aug. 24, 12:00 - 7:00 -- registration re-opened until Aug. 21 here
CHILL: 912 SUMMER WEDNESDAYS
Wednesdays in July and August, 6:30 - 9pm -- no registration required.
Summer Wednesdays are for CHILL -- we'll be hosted by several Hope Youth families at their homes (most with pools!) on Wednesday nights in July and August from 6:30 - 9. Join us at their house for games, hanging out, and devotions with Joel. Bring a friend, a snack, or both!
August 21 & 28 will be hosted by the Devos family (map).
See below for info on All Youth events and our weekly high school gatherings. More events -- including all the addresses for CHILL -- are found on the Calendar tab. Monthly events for the 2019-20 school year will be posted in late August.
ALL YOUTH INFO & EVENTS (GRADES 6 TO 12)
- Click here for ongoing service opportunities.
- FLOWER CITY WORK CAMP (grades 7 to 12) was Sunday, April 14 to Thursday, April 18, 2019. It was awesome to see God using the 80 Hope Youth and 110 Hope Adult Volunteers participating this year! If you would like to see all the West Camp photos we took, our FCWC19 album is here. FCWC 2020 will be during Spring Break next year (April 5 - 9), but now is the time to get involved at Hope Youth if you want to be eligible to apply when registration opens next January.
- We give a Hope Youth logo tee to all youth, but if you would like more Hope Youth merch, we have Hope Youth logo gear upstairs at the Youth Ministry office:
- We have hoodies available for $25 in all sizes.
- Tie-dyed Hope Youth tees made by our 912 Youth are also available for $10.
- Hope Youth water bottles are just $5. Please note they are not dishwasher-safe.
- Planning ahead? Our Google calendar of all scheduled events is here. 2019-2020 dates will be up by the end of August.
WEEKLY HOPE YOUTH EVENTS (GRADES 6 TO 12)
JOIN US SUNDAYS...
- 678 Youth Gathering Time: 9:30 to 10:45am every Sunday upstairs in our Higher Ground space, led primarily by Pastor Greg. Join your middle school friends for fun in the game room, teaching, and small groups. Yes, we are still meeting during August construction at Hope -- enter through the main doors and the gym.
- 912 Youth Gathering Time: 6:30 to 8:30pm every Sunday upstairs in our Higher Ground space, led by Pastor Greg. All high schoolers are welcome as we come together to hang out, eat, worship, and learn as a large group and then discuss and pray in small groups. Yes, we are still meeting during August construction at Hope -- enter through the main doors and the gym.
- Wednesday Night Bible Studies & Fellowship: 6:30 to 8:30pm Wednesdays during the school year for grades 6 to 12. A typical Wednesday finds us meeting together for one hour in the Higher Ground Cafe for Bible Study and a second hour in the gym (FLC) for games or service projects -- 678 and 912 trade off in the two spaces. For summer, the 678 Youth break from meeting while 912 Youth gather for CHILL. Our Higher Ground Wednesdays will resume on September 18.
HOPE YOUTH ROC FAQs & BUZZWORDS
All Hope Youth events (aside from the weekly gatherings) require advance registration and a current Youth Participation Packet.
Please let us know if emergency or health information changes.
CAN & BOTTLE DRIVE
You can help raise funds for our summer mission trip by donating your cans & bottles!