WELCOME TO HOPE YOUTH ROC
Whether it’s tech, transitions, time or troubles, if you’re in 6th-12th grade, you are in a unique season of life at a crazy time in history! You need the stability of a God who knows all of the concerns of your hearts and speaks the Good News of a Savior who covers all your failures at the Cross. We’re here to share Hope with you as you live real lives in the midst of a tough world. Come find God’s truth, guidance, and community. Come get involved at HopeYouthROC!
FLOWER CITY WORK CAMP 2020 is Sunday, April 5 to Thursday, April 9. 63 Hope Youth applied to serve by the close of student apps in January. For adult volunteers, we are still seeking "Other Adult Volunteers" (Gofers, Shower Shuttle, First Aid, Security, Kitchen, and Snack Bar) -- applications are here and due February 21. More information at flowercityworkcamp.org or email email@example.com.
If you would like to serve at Hope as part of the Lunch Team, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org -- no online application is necessary.
PITTSBURGH 2020 MISSION TRIP: We are so grateful for the support from the people of Hope at our Souper Bowl fundraiser. More than 300 quarts of soup and 200 packages of Crunch Rolls were sold to raise nearly $4000 for our summer mission trip.
912 Youth families, for more information about this summer's trip to serve with Urban Impact in Pittsburgh from July 26 - 31, click here.
Coming Events for 678 Youth (grades 6 to 8)
678 laser tag
Friday, March 20, 6:30 - 9:30p -- register here by March 16
It’s the return of last year’s Mystery Event: we’re going back to LASERTRON for a night of Laser Tag, pizza, and arcade fun! For the full schedule, click on the event registration here -- sign ups and $20 due Monday, March 16 for both Youth and parent drivers.
Youth must have an emergency packet filled out this school year to attend. Lasertron also requires a separate waiver that must filled out by all participants by Thursday, March 19 to be allowed entry into the Laser Tag arena.
Coming Events for 912 Youth (grades 9 to 12)
912 LATE NIGHT
Friday, March 13 from 7pm to midnight -- register here by March 11
Join us for our annual Late Night event for Hope high schoolers! This year our theme is "Bubble Blast" as our evening will be all about bubbles, whether it’s bubble wrap games or playing Bubble Ball soccer or volleyball. This is a great event to bring friends to, so invite someone to join you! $10 and registration due here by Wednesday, March 11.
After registration, please submit a Hope Youth Participation Packet if you haven’t done so for the 2019-20 school year since emergency contact information is required to participate in Hope Youth events.
NOT ALONE: PEER-TO-PEER SUPPORT
2nd & 4th Mondays from 4 to 5 pm -- next meeting on Feb. 24 (no registration required)
Led by Regan Ritzler and Pam Devos, this group for high school youth (and their friends) meets twice a month in the Higher Ground Cafe upstairs at Hope. This isn’t a “therapy group” but a low-key conversation about life. Mental health is becoming a more prevalent topic in our community, and we want to provide a space for you to openly express yourself. It’s comforting to know you are not alone, and you are seen and loved despite your struggles. Just come as you are!
FOR ALL YOUTH (GRADES 6 TO 12)
- All Hope Youth events require the Hope Youth Participation Packet (YPP), filled out each school year.
- Planning ahead? Our Google calendar of all scheduled events is here.
- Click here for ongoing service opportunities.
- We give a Hope Youth logo tee to all youth (check out the new ones in the picture at the top of this page!), but if you would like to buy extra Hope Youth merch, we have Hope Youth logo gear upstairs at the Youth Ministry office:
- We still have hoodies ($25) available in every size but Medium.
- Tie-dyed Hope Youth tees ($10) were made by our 912 Youth and are available in every size.
- We have lots of Hope Youth water bottles ($5). Note: not dishwasher-safe.
EVERY WEEK AT HOPE YOUTH ROC
JOIN US SUNDAYS...
- 678 Youth Gathering Time: 9:30 to 10:50am every Sunday upstairs in our Higher Ground space, led primarily by Pastor Greg. Join your middle school friends for fun in the game room, teaching, and small groups.
- 912 Youth Gathering Time: 6:30 to 8:30pm every Sunday upstairs in our Higher Ground space, led by Pastor Greg and Brian Barnard. All high schoolers are welcome as we come together to hang out, eat, worship, learn as a large group, and then break out for small group discussion and prayer.
- Hope Youth Wednesdays: 6:30 to 8:30pm Wednesdays during the school year for grades 6 to 12. We start at 6:30 with Bible study: 678 Youth meet in the Higher Ground Game Room with Pastor Greg while 912 Youth meet in the Higher Ground Cafe with Diana Strand. At 7:30, we transition to the gym (FLC) for games or service projects. We will not meet during February Break on Feb. 19.
HOPE YOUTH ROC FAQs
All events (except weekly gatherings) require advance registration and a current Youth Participation Packet.
Please let us know if emergency or health information changes.
CAN & BOTTLE DRIVE
You can help raise funds for our annual high school summer mission trip by donating your cans & bottles!