WELCOME TO HOPE YOUTH ROC
Whether it’s tech, transitions, time or troubles, if you’re in 6th-12th grade, you are in a unique season of life at a crazy time in history! You need the stability of a God who knows all of the concerns of your hearts and speaks the Good News of a Savior who covers all your failures at the Cross. We’re here to share Hope with you as you live real lives in the midst of a tough world. Come find God’s truth, guidance, and community. Come get involved at HopeYouthROC!
STEP UP SUNDAY is coming on June 23
June 23 is Step Up Sunday here at Hope, the date we welcome our incoming 6th graders to Hope Youth and our incoming freshmen to move up to 912 Youth with our high schoolers. New 6th graders are invited to join us upstairs in the Higher Ground at 9:45 that morning and new 9th graders are invited to join us upstairs at 6:30 that evening.
Coming Events for 678 Youth (grades 6 to 8)
678 SUMMER KICK-OFF
Sunday, June 23, 9:45a - 12:15p
For Step Up Sunday, we're extending our regular Sunday gathering time to welcome our incoming 6th graders. Join us at 9:45 for an introduction to 678 Youth Sundays plus more: getting-to-know-you activities, games, and lunch. (No registration required.) Invite a friend to check out Hope Youth and join us!
See below for details about All Youth events and our gatherings on Sundays and Wednesdays.
If you are interested in Quest (our two-year Confirmation program), the Quest tab has information about the 2018-19 program -- watch for updated info in August.
Coming Events for 912 Youth (grades 9 to 12)
912 SUMMER KICK-OFF
Wednesday, June 26, 6:30 - 9pm, at the Strands -- no registration required.
Wednesday nights are for 912 CHILL, but first we'll kick off summer at the Strands! Join us after school is out on June 26 to celebrate the start of summer. We'll gather for a backyard bonfire, games, and snacks -- feel free to bring a snack to share or a friend to meet Hope Youth. This is also our first event for incoming freshmen, so we hope to welcome lots of you to 912 Youth!
CHILL starts the next week for the summer -- we'll be hosted by several Hope Youth families on Wednesday nights in July and August from 6:30 - 9. The Donatellas are hosting us for July 3 and 10, so join us at their house for fun and devotions with Joel. Bring a friend, a snack, or both!
Addresses for host homes can be found in Realm, our church database. If you're not on Realm, please fill out the contact form at the bottom of this page and we'll get you the address.
See below for info for All Youth events and our weekly high school gatherings. More events -- including all the dates for CHILL -- are found on the Calendar tab. Be sure to save Saturday, August 17 for our rafting trip in Letchworth Park!
ALL YOUTH INFO & EVENTS (GRADES 6 TO 12)
- Click here for ongoing service opportunities.
- FLOWER CITY WORK CAMP (grades 7 to 12) was Sunday, April 14 to Thursday, April 18, 2019. It was awesome to see God using the 80 Hope Youth and 110 Hope Adult Volunteers participating this year! If you would like to see all the West Camp photos we took, our FCWC19 album is here. FCWC 2020 will be during Spring Break next year (April 5 - 9), but now is the time to get involved at Hope Youth if you want to be eligible to apply to attend next January.
- We give a blue logo tee to all Hope Youth, but if you would like more Hope Youth merch, we have Hope Youth logo gear upstairs at the Youth Ministry office:
- We have hoodies available for $25 in all sizes. Quantities are limited.
- Tie-dyed Hope Youth tees made by our 912 Youth are also available for $10. Sizes are limited, but we have over 50 tees to choose from.
- NEW! We now have Hope Youth water bottles for $5.
- Planning ahead? Our Google calendar of all scheduled events is here.
WEEKLY HOPE YOUTH EVENTS (GRADES 6 TO 12)
Join us Sundays or Wednesdays!
- 678 Youth Gathering Time: 9:30 to 10:45am every Sunday upstairs in our Higher Ground space, led primarily by Pastor Greg. Join your middle school friends for fun in the game room, teaching, and small groups.
- 912 Youth Gathering Time: 6:30 to 8:30pm every Sunday upstairs in our Higher Ground space, led by Pastor Greg. All high schoolers are welcome as we come together to hang out, eat, worship, and learn as a large group and then discuss and pray in small groups.
- Wednesday Night Bible Studies & Fellowship: 6:30 to 8:30pm Wednesdays during the school year for grades 6 to 12. A typical Wednesday finds us meeting together for one hour in the Higher Ground Cafe for Bible Study and a second hour in the gym (FLC) for games or service projects -- 678 and 912 trade off in the two spaces. After June 19, the 678 Youth will break until September while 912 Youth gather on Wednesday nights for CHILL in various host homes.
HOPE YOUTH ROC FAQs & BUZZWORDS
All Hope Youth events (aside from the weekly gatherings) require advance registration and a current Youth Participation Packet. Please let us know if emergency or health information changes.
CAN & BOTTLE DRIVE
Want to help raise funds for our summer mission trip by donating your cans & bottles?