WELCOME TO HOPE YOUTH ROC
Whether it’s tech, transitions, time or troubles, if you’re in 6th-12th grade, you are in a unique season of life at a crazy time in history! You need the stability of a God who knows all of the concerns of your hearts and speaks the Good News of a Savior who covers all your failures at the Cross. We’re here to share Hope with you as you live real lives in the midst of a tough world. Come find God’s truth, guidance, and community. Come get involved at HopeYouthROC!
FLOWER CITY WORK CAMP 2020 is Sunday, April 5 to Thursday, April 9. Student applications are now closed and 63 Hope Youth have applied to attend. For adult volunteers, we have reached our minimum of 18 Required Leaders, but we would still welcome your service during camp as a Work Site Leader, Roving Expert, Sports Camp Coach, Sidewalk Club Leader, or Agency Support Leader. If you'd like to serve in a smaller role, applications for Other Adult Volunteers (Gofers, Shower Shuttle, Nurses, Security, Kitchen, and Snack Bar) are open until February 21. More information at flowercityworkcamp.org or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you would like to serve at Hope as part of the Lunch Team, please contact email@example.com -- no online application is necessary.
Pre-orders are open here for the Souper Bowl fundraiser through Sunday, January 26. Our annual fundraiser for the high school mission trip is now open here on Realm. Our 912 Youth will be preparing Vegetarian Chili, Chicken with Wild Rice Soup, and a Loaded Baked Potato Soup, each for $10 per quart. Your pre-orders help us make enough soup! For more information about this summer's mission trip to work with Urban Impact in Pittsburgh, click here.
Students participating in this summer's trip: soup prep is on Friday, Jan. 31 from 3 - 6pm or on Saturday, Feb. 1 from 9am - 12pm. Additionally, all mission team members should plan to help distribute soup after one of the weekend services. Sign ups for all time slots here.
Coming Events for 678 Youth (grades 6 to 8)
678 LATE NIGHT
Friday, Jan. 17 from 7pm to midnight
We had a blast at our Bubble Blast Late Night -- check out the photos and videos on our Facebook page! Stay tuned to this space for our next middle school event.
Besides registration, all Hope Youth events require the Hope Youth Participation Packet (YPP), filled out annually each school year.
Coming Events for 912 Youth (grades 9 to 12)
912 "BIG GAME" PARTY
Sunday, February 2 at 6pm
Instead of our usual 912 Sunday gathering, we'll meet in the Higher Ground space to watch Super Bowl LIV together. Please bring a snack to share!
NOT ALONE: PEER-TO-PEER SUPPORT
2nd & 4th Mondays from 4 to 5 pm -- next meeting on Jan. 27 (no registration required)
Led by Regan Ritzler and Pam Devos, this group for high school youth (and their friends) meets twice a month in the Higher Ground Cafe upstairs at Hope. This isn’t a “therapy group” but a low-key conversation about life. Mental health is becoming a more prevalent topic in our community, and we want to provide a space for you to openly express yourself. It’s comforting to know you are not alone, and you are seen and loved despite your struggles. Just come as you are!
FOR ALL YOUTH (GRADES 6 TO 12)
- Click here for ongoing service opportunities.
- We give a Hope Youth logo tee to all youth (check out the new ones in the picture at the top of this page!), but if you would like to buy extra Hope Youth merch, we have Hope Youth logo gear upstairs at the Youth Ministry office:
- We still have hoodies ($25) available in every size but Medium.
- Tie-dyed Hope Youth tees ($10) were made by our 912 Youth and are available in every size.
- We have lots of Hope Youth water bottles ($5). Note: not dishwasher-safe.
- Planning ahead? Our Google calendar of all scheduled events is here.
EVERY WEEK AT HOPE YOUTH ROC
JOIN US SUNDAYS...
- 678 Youth Gathering Time: 9:30 to 10:50am every Sunday upstairs in our Higher Ground space, led primarily by Pastor Greg. Join your middle school friends for fun in the game room, teaching, and small groups.
- 912 Youth Gathering Time: 6:30 to 8:30pm every Sunday upstairs in our Higher Ground space, led by Pastor Greg and Brian Barnard. All high schoolers are welcome as we come together to hang out, eat, worship, learn as a large group, and then break out for small group discussion and prayer. On February 2, we'll meet for a Super Bowl party instead of our usual gathering.
- Hope Youth Wednesdays: 6:30 to 8:30pm Wednesdays during the school year for grades 6 to 12. We start at 6:30 with Bible study: 678 Youth meet in the Higher Ground Cafe with Pastor Greg while 912 Youth meet in the Higher Ground Game Room with Diana Strand. At 7:30, we transition to the gym (FLC) for games or service projects.
HOPE YOUTH ROC FAQs
All events (except weekly gatherings) require advance registration and a current Youth Participation Packet.
Please let us know if emergency or health information changes.
CAN & BOTTLE DRIVE
You can help raise funds for our annual high school summer mission trip by donating your cans & bottles!