QUEST: A JOURNEY TO CONFIRMATION
Quest registration is now closed for the 2018-19 school year.
"And this is my prayer: that your love may abound more and more in knowledge and depth of insight, so that you may be able to discern what is best and may be pure and blameless for the day of Christ, filled with the fruit of righteousness that comes through Jesus Christ—to the glory and praise of God.” — Philippians 1:9-11
QUEST is the name of our Confirmation program here at Hope Church. It is a relationally-based two-year program designed to prepare our Youth for Confirmation of their faith and their ongoing faith-walk in life. It is an opportunity for Youth to discover, deepen, develop and affirm their faith in Christ.
Confirmation is one of the most significant seasons of growth for you — both parents and students. Youth, you are in the midst of learning about your faith, even as you are discovering more about what it means to own your personal faith in Christ. But that doesn’t happen in a vacuum. Parents, you are watching your son or daughter mature, ask questions, and at times struggle with issues of faith… and maybe discovering you have questions or struggles of your own. Together you are on a QUEST to discover more about discipleship habits, what your faith means in ‘real life’, and your place and purpose in God’s Church.
Resources for the 2018-19 Quest program:
- For the entire calendar for Quest 1 Sunday classes, please click here.
- The Quest 1 Wednesday calendar is here.
- The Quest Expectations handout (for both Quest 1 & 2) is here.
- The entire Quest 2 calendar (includes dates for both Wednesday and Sunday Life Groups, as well as the Teaching Sessions for all Quest 2 students) is here.
- The Quest Definitions handout for Quest 2 is here.
QUEST 1 (FIRST YEAR)
Quest 1 is usually taken by students in their 6th Grade year. It includes fundamentals of the faith story in both Old and New Testaments, connecting God’s plan of salvation into our lives. It covers basics like the books of the Bible, key people and themes in an engaging way to help students build a foundation for discovering God’s work in their own lives. The QUEST 1 program includes:
QUEST 2 (SECOND YEAR)
Quest 1 is is most often completed during the 7th Grade year, with Confirmation taking place in the Spring. Life Groups form the core of this ministry, allowing for prayer, safety to ask questions, support for challenging times, and study of God’s Word. Large Group Teaching Sessions provide more specific instruction on God’s plan of Salvation and understanding of God’s Word and His Church, including preparation for Holy Communion. The main components of QUEST 2 include:
- TEACHING SESSIONS in a monthly seminar-style format (one Saturday morning per month, October to March) for both students AND parents -- dates here
- Twice-monthly LIFE GROUPS (Sundays or Wednesdays) for students and their Life Group Leaders, including any necessary preparation for each
- A Faith Project consisting of the confirmation stole and display board where students explore their personal faith
- A “Faith Fair” where students can share and celebrate their growth in faith as they display their projects.
- Completion & tracking of Memory Verses and 20 Community Service hours
- Discovery interviews at the beginning of the year (Pastor Greg meets with each Year 2 Student and their parents to get to know them, pray for and with them, and answer any lingering questions. Please look for us to begin scheduling those meetings as soon as your Year 2 student is registered.)
- Confirmation interviews at the end of the year (Pastor Greg meets with each Year 2 Student and their parents to discuss readiness for Confirmation, review the most helpful parts of the year for students, and to give Confirmands their Confirmation Verse.)
God’s early church knew the importance of regular fellowship and worship (Acts 2:42). Being in worship and study is an expectation of all QUEST students. We are uplifted, encouraged, taught and brought closer to God through worship. In study on Sunday mornings, we focus on Scripture and the application of it to our daily lives. We desire for each student to be in a growing and lasting relationship with our Savior, Jesus. We believe that in order for that to happen, QUEST, worship, and study need to be a regular part of the life of the student. Parents, your child should attend worship with you as well as attend 678 Youth class on Sunday mornings. Please also encourage them in the completion of the work for QUEST classes, including the memory verses and community service hours.
- PARENT MEETING (for both Year 1 and Year 2) — Wednesday, September 12th, 6:30-7:30pm in the Higher Ground. (This will be immediately followed by an All Youth Parent meeting at 7:30 to discuss the rest of our Youth program.)
- ONLINE REGISTRATION DEADLINE — Wednesday, September 19th (Year 1 class assignments & Year 2 Life Group placements will be sent via email on Sept. 20)
- YEAR 1 CLASSES with MR. ROGER DAHL -- begin Sunday, September 30 (6:00-7:00pm) in Room 110 or Wednesday, October 3rd (6:30-7:30pm) in the Higher Ground Main Room
- YEAR 2 LIFE GROUPS-- begin Sunday, September 30 or Wednesday, October 3 at Hope (The Sunday group will meet in the afternoon and the Wednesday groups will meet 6:30-8:00pm, depending on the group. All three groups will meet at Hope.)
- YEAR 2 TEACHING SESSION 1 — Saturday, October 13th, 9:30-11:30am in the Higher Ground with Pastor Greg
- CONFIRMATION REHEARSAL & FAITH FAIR — Wednesday, May 1st, 6:30-8:30pm (Quest 2 only)
- CONFIRMATION — Sunday, May 5 at 1:00 pm (Quest 2 only)
PLEASE NOTE: ONLY THE FIRST YEAR STUDENTS MEET EVERY WEDNESDAY OR SUNDAY! QUEST 2 students meet according to their Life Group Schedule. Sunday Quest 1 students and Quest 2 students not meeting on a specific Wednesday night are invited to join our other middle school students for 678 Bible Study and Fellowship on Wednesdays from 6:30 to 8:30 starting September 19 .
Quest will be canceled if the Greece Central School District cancels school or extracurricular activities. Weather cancellations (for Quest and all Hope Youth programming) will be announced on our Facebook and Instagram pages. In case of absences, please email email@example.com.
We sincerely hope this will be a season of significance and growth, both for students and their families! For additional questions, please contact us.
All Hope Youth events (aside from the weekly gatherings) require advance registration and a current Youth Participation Packet. Please let us know if emergency or health information changes.
CAN & BOTTLE DRIVE
Want to help raise funds for our summer mission trip by donating your cans & bottles?