912 Youth Summer Mission Trip 2019: Michigan
Sunday, July 28 to Friday, August 2 at Camp Concordia
32 Hope Youth and 8 Hope adults will be serving at Camp Concordia near Grand Rapids, Michigan, from Sunday, July 28, to Friday, August 2. The trip is now closed -- the application deadline for active Hope Youth in grades 9 to 12 was November 20.
From Camp Concordia's website: "Together we will continue to revitalize Camp Concordia through construction, service and repair. Servants will train in skills & techniques to take on the challenge of revitalizing Camp Concordia's buildings and program areas. This could include painting, construction, building repair, building bunks, roofing, etc. Larger groups (20+) may have the opportunity to plan/run a 1-Day Camp experience for children of migrant workers and/or inner city children. Servants will experience intensive team building during this Sunday through Friday servant event." Please click here for a tentative schedule for the week and more pictures.
Costs and Fundraising:
All team members will participate in the following fundraisers:
- “Souper” Bowl soup fundraiser: February 2 & 3
- Cinnamon roll fundraiser: March 30 & 31 *CANCELED due to the success of the Souper Bowl fundraiser
Dates to Know:
- November 20: due date for the Hope Youth mission team online application, Camp Concordia's paper registration, and the $100 trip deposit
- March 17: second $100 payment due
- July 14 & 21: Adopt-a-Servant (members of Hope each adopt one team member for $100)
- Saturday, July 27: Team Commissioning at the 5:00 service
- To be determined: team meeting dates -- starting in March we will begin meeting one Sunday a month. Our first meeting is March 10 at 5pm. Edit: our other dates are April 7, May 19, June 23, and July 21.
All Hope Youth events (aside from the weekly gatherings) require advance registration and a current Youth Participation Packet.
Please let us know if emergency or health information changes.
CAN & BOTTLE DRIVE
You can help raise funds for our summer mission trip by donating your cans & bottles!