Hope Youth ROC
Hope Youth ROC is a community designed for 6th to 12th grade youth to follow Jesus together. Faith & friendships are built-up through weekly programs, engaging events and take-home practices. Youth are connected to God through study of the Bible and watching Him work in lives. They are engaged in deeper conversations to consider what it means for God to show up in their life and challenged to live that out in their community.
See You At The Pole (SYATP)
SYATP is Wednesday, September 22, 2021. Will you pray at your school flagpole? Sign-up here to connect with others who will be praying locally together at Greece Schools from Hope Church. https://bit.ly/SYATPgreece
2021 Fall/Winter Gatherings for Hope Youth
High school students (912 Youth) gather on Thursday nights and middle school students (678 Youth) on Sunday morning. Quest to Confirmation for 7th & 8th graders meet on select Mondays. All youth meet in our Higher Ground space upstairs.
Our Fall schedule for 2021 is available with more events still in planning.
Mobile check-in is available for each weekly gathering on the Realm App by parents or youth with their own phones.
678 SUNDAYS - 9:15am -10:45am
Sunday mornings grades 6 to 8 have a large group session studying the Bible together, smaller groups to discuss and engaging activities to foster community among students and faith mentors.
678 Youth Sundays
9:15 – 10:45 am
September 19, 26
October 3, 17, 24, 31
November 7, 14, 21
No meetings 10/10, 11/28, 12/26
78 Quest to Confirmation Mondays
6:30 – 8:00 pm
September 20, 27
October 4, 18, 25
No meeting 10/11 11/28, 12/2
912 Thursdays - 6:30 pm -8:00pm
Thursday nights grades 9th, 10th, 11th and 12th engage Bible study in large and small group breakouts. Snacks, Game room and random games each gathering help build relationships between students and faith mentors.
912 Youth Thursdays
Thursdays 6:30 – 8:00 pm
September 23, 30
October 7, 14, 21, 28
November 11, 18
No meetings 11/4, 12/23
Parents Hope Youth ROC Info
Parents! You are key in the development of your child’s faith! Connect with us (see links below) for updates and resources in living a life following Jesus as a parent of (a) teenager(s). We’ll keep each other up to date on cultural issues, pray through the mountains and valleys we journey through and show off our great God to our kids who gives to us the grace to live for Him each day.
- Regular Hope Youth participation requires the Hope Youth Participation Packet (YPP). This needs to be filled out once each school year and whenever information changes. Guests at weekly gatherings have an opportunity to leave emergency contact information with staff on yellow welcome forms.
- Sign-up for weekly update emails by emailing your name with subject “Parent Email” to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Facebook user? Connect with us in our Hope Youth Parents group for news, resources, and encouragement.
- Looking for event pictures or the latest news? Follow @hopeyouthroc on Facebook and Instagram!
- Support Hope Youth with our ongoing can & bottle drive. No need to stand at a machine and sort your cans & bottles — drop off your bags at Dewey Beverage to do the sorting for you and they’ll donate the funds to Hope Youth for our mission trips! Thank you for your support!
- Free resource until Dec 31, 2021 – Check out this resource for parents of children of all ages from Church of the Highlands. https://www.churchofthehighlands.com/parents-digital-summit/
- Volunteer! Get involved at Hope Youth ROC and grow along with your kids!
- Download the Hope App for future notifications right to your phone about Hope Youth.
A Message to Hope Youth
Is your faith your own? Hope Youth ROC is the place to find out with people around your age and adults who’ve gone through their own faith journeys. We will ask questions that dig deeper, listen to what’s important to you and pray through the ups and downs of life together. Our hope is that you can know God and keep following after Him every day like we do. Come as you are with your own questions, energy and desire to learn.
Is your faith alive? If you have a heart for serving others, there are lots of ways for youth to serve here at Hope Church! Check with your school to see if you can qualify for community service hours too.
For 678 & 912 Youth
- To help with restocking the Food Pantry in our new Center 4 Hope, see the sign up here. (Ages 13 and under need to serve with an adult.) Any questions, please email Sarah Jacobs.
- To serve with Kids’ Sundays (Small Group Leader, Check-In Team, Kids Worship Leader, at-home craft prep and more), click here for more details and to sign up. For additional questions, contact Becky Kilbride.
For 912 Youth Only
Hope Youth ROC FAQs
This is the name for our Youth Ministry program here at Hope Church. It’s open to all Youth from 6th Grade to 12th Grade and is led by Pastor Greg Strand (PG for short), our Pastor to Youth. Our mission is to walk with youth, discipling them in faith, life, and mission.
The name of our high-school aged Youth Ministry (grades 9 through 12).
The name of our junior high/middle-school aged Youth Ministry for students in grades 6 to 8.
The area for Youth Ministry is located above the south Preschool hallway. There is a stairwell at each end and an elevator for access. It used to be called the “Upper Room”, so you may hear that term also.
Higher Ground is the name for our Youth Ministry area, the only second-story area on campus. It was completely renovated at the end of 2017 to provide Youth an attractive and functional area to meet.
The west end area of the Higher Ground where we serve snacks and coffee and hang out on the comfy couches.
The east-end game area of Higher Ground, with board and card games plus larger games like air hockey, ping pong, foosball, and a basketball hoop challenge.
IMPORTANT packet of emergency information for ALL YOUTH, required before participating in any Hope Youth outing. It provides us with everything from contact information to medical conditions, so that we can keep our Youth connected and safe. It can be filled out online here and is good for one school year.
Our weekly time with youth may include worship, prayer, teaching, small groups, games, service and community building. In other churches, this may be called “Sunday School” or “Youth Group.”
Quest to Confirmation is the a program that meets weekly from September to April. It’s most often 7th and 8th Grade Youth who are learning what is means to follow Jesus as a member of the church. Youth are Confirmed after the 2nd year, typically on the first Sunday in May.
Our annual summer servant event trip for 912 Youth. For this event, Hope Youth and leaders travel to other communities for faith-fueled community service. Team applications (for students and adults) are usually done in the late fall.
The purpose of Hope Youth ROC, the youth ministry of Hope Church for students in grades 6 to 12, is to meet Youth where they are with the redeeming and restoring love of Jesus Christ. We are here to walk with Youth through both the highs and lows of real life. Nurturing faith, equipping and empowering, and partnering together are all found in the context of community centered around our Savior.
- The infallible Word of God leads, and at its center is the Gospel.
- Youth are a unique part of the Body of Christ, with gifts to serve the Church now, even as they are discovering God’s plan and preparation for the future.
- Safety to ask difficult questions and wrestle with the real-world issues of faith we encounter in our daily lives is necessary for continued development of an owned faith.
- Stewardship requires equipping and empowering of Youth in their God-given talents and giftedness. We are called to partnership as the Body of Christ.
- Technology and Music are gifts from God, not ends in themselves.
- Speaking the truth in love is an expression of our willingness to bear one another. We are called to life together, including respect for other opinions and perspectives.
- Every person matters to God. Every Youth, no matter their background or experience is welcome.
- We affirm the value of every person and walk with them in discovering God’s purposes in their life.
- Families and family relationships are God’s design as a place for Youth to grow and develop. We will support parents and Youth together.