Hope Youth ROC
If you’re in 6th to 12th grade, you are in a unique season of life at a crazy time in history! You need the stability of a God who knows all of the concerns of your hearts and speaks the Good News of a Savior who covers all your failures at the Cross. We’re here to share Hope with you as you live real lives in the midst of a tough world. Come find God’s truth, guidance, and community. Come get involved at HopeYouthROC!
Sunday, June 27 from 6:30 – 8:30pm
In place of our regular 912 Sundays upstairs at 6:30, we will meet in the Hope parking lot for some games, grilled hots, hamburgers, chips and soda. We will welcome our new incoming freshmen and say goodbye to our seniors. Please bring a lawn chair or blanket and join us! (If it rains, we’ll meet upstairs.) For more information, please contact Leanne Bohn at firstname.lastname@example.org
Coming up for 912 Youth: stay tuned for more events this summer!
Wednesday, June 23 from 6:30 – 8:30pm
In place of our regular 678 Wednesdays upstairs at 6:30, we will meet in the west end of the Hope parking lot for an ice cream party & games led by Scott and Fred. We’ll have time to say goodbye to our graduating 8th graders and to welcome our new 6th graders to Hope Youth. Bring a lawn chair and invite a friend to kick-off summer with us at Hope Youth!
Coming up for 678 Youth: stay tuned for more events this summer!
Weekly at Hope Youth
High school students (912 Youth) gather on Sunday nights and middle school students (678 Youth) on Wednesday nights, both in our Higher Ground space upstairs at Hope. Masks are no longer required but are optional per parents’ discretion.
678 WEDNESDAYS from 6:30 to 8:00 p.m.
Wednesday nights for grades 6 to 8 combines our former Quest program and Sunday mornings. Each week, we have large group sessions led by Roger Dahl or our awesome Small Group Leaders. (See the Quest tab for details on our shift from Sunday mornings to Wednesday nights and how 678 Wednesdays combines with our Confirmation program.) No need to pre-register for our regular weekly gathering. We do not meet June 30 due to Flower City Work Camp.
912 SUNDAYS from 6:30 to 8:00 p.m.
Our Sunday nights for grades 9 to 12 typically include large group teaching led by Brian Barnard or others and end with our small group breakouts with our fantastic Small Group Leaders. Some Sundays will have a more social focus, whether it’s games or other events and some will be devoted to small group time. No need to pre-register for our regular weekly gathering. We do not meet on July 4 due to Independence Day.
Flower City Work Camp 2021
More Hope Youth ROC Info
- Parents, join us here in our Hope Youth Parents group on Facebook for news, resources, and encouragement. If you are not getting our weekly update emails or need to correct contact info, please click here.
- Looking for event pictures or the latest news? Follow us on Facebook and Instagram!
- All Hope Youth events (aside from weekly gatherings) require the Hope Youth Participation Packet (YPP). This needs to be filled out once each school year.
- Looking for some resources for family faith formation? Home Chats are great discussion guides and 90 Days through the New Testament is a fantastic tool in developing a more consistent time with God.
- We give a Hope Youth logo tee (pictured in the top photo) to all youth, but we have additional Hope Youth merch available in the Youth Ministry office:
- Black logo hoodies ($25) — limited sizes left! (4 XS & 3 S)
- Tie-dyed Hope Youth tees ($10) — made by our Youth.
- Hope Youth water bottles ($5) — not dishwasher-safe.
- Help support Hope Youth with our ongoing can & bottle drive. No need to stand at a machine and sort your cans & bottles — drop off your bags at Dewey Beverage to do the sorting for you and they’ll donate the funds to Hope Youth for our mission trips! Thank you for your support!
All events require advance registration and a current Youth Participation Packet.
Please let us know if emergency or health information changes.
Serving Opportunities for Hope Youth
Whether you need service hours for Quest or school or just have a heart for serving others, there are lots of ways for youth to serve here at Hope Church!
For 678 & 912 Youth
- To help with restocking the Food Pantry in our new Center 4 Hope, see the sign up here. (Ages 13 and under need to serve with an adult.) Any questions, please email Sarah Jacobs.
- To serve with Kids’ Sundays (Small Group Leader, Check-In Team, Kids Worship Leader, at-home craft prep and more), click here for more details and to sign up. For additional questions, contact Becky Kilbride.
For 912 Youth Only
Hope Youth ROC FAQs
This is the name for our Youth Ministry program here at Hope Church. It’s open to all Youth from 6th Grade to 12th Grade and is led by Pastor Greg Strand (PG for short), our Pastor to Youth. Our mission is to walk with youth, discipling them in faith, life, and mission.
The name of our high-school aged Youth Ministry (grades 9 through 12).
The name of our junior high/middle-school aged Youth Ministry for students in grades 6 to 8.
The area for Youth Ministry is located above the south Preschool hallway. There is a stairwell at each end and an elevator for access. It used to be called the “Upper Room”, so you may hear that term also.
Higher Ground is the name for our Youth Ministry area, the only second-story area on campus. It was completely renovated at the end of 2017 to provide Youth an attractive and functional area to meet.
The west end area of the Higher Ground where we serve snacks and coffee and hang out on the comfy couches.
The east-end game area of Higher Ground, with board and card games plus larger games like air hockey, ping pong, foosball, and a basketball hoop challenge.
IMPORTANT packet of emergency information for ALL YOUTH, required before participating in any Hope Youth outing. It provides us with everything from contact information to medical conditions, so that we can keep our Youth connected and safe. It can be filled out online here and is good for one school year.
This is our weekly Youth time for worship, prayer, teaching, small groups, games, service and hanging out. We call it Gathering Time (GT for short) since it may include some or all of these things, but in other churches, this may be called “Sunday School” or “Youth Group.”
QUEST is the name of our Confirmation Program that meets weekly from late September to late March. It’s most often 6th and 7th Grade Youth who are then Confirmed after the 2nd year, typically on the first Sunday in May. More info on the Quest page.
Our annual summer servant event trip for 912 Youth. For this event, Hope Youth and leaders travel to other states for hands-on service. Team applications (for students and adults) are usually done in the late fall. Due to COVID-19, our summer mission trip has been postponed until 2022.
The purpose of Hope Youth ROC, the youth ministry of Hope Church for students in grades 6 to 12, is to meet Youth where they are with the redeeming and restoring love of Jesus Christ. We are here to walk with Youth through both the highs and lows of real life. Nurturing faith, equipping and empowering, and partnering together are all found in the context of community centered around our Savior.
- The infallible Word of God leads, and at its center is the Gospel.
- Youth are a unique part of the Body of Christ, with gifts to serve the Church now, even as they are discovering God’s plan and preparation for the future.
- Safety to ask difficult questions and wrestle with the real-world issues of faith we encounter in our daily lives is necessary for continued development of an owned faith.
- Stewardship requires equipping and empowering of Youth in their God-given talents and giftedness. We are called to partnership as the Body of Christ.
- Technology and Music are gifts from God, not ends in themselves.
- Speaking the truth in love is an expression of our willingness to bear one another. We are called to life together, including respect for other opinions and perspectives.
- Every person matters to God. Every Youth, no matter their background or experience is welcome.
- We affirm the value of every person and walk with them in discovering God’s purposes in their life.
- Families and family relationships are God’s design as a place for Youth to grow and develop. We will support parents and Youth together.
Pastor to Youth
Pastor Greg Strand
Hope Youth Ministry Assistant