Service Opportunities for Hope Youth
Whether you need service hours for Quest or school or just have a heart for serving others, there are lots of ways for youth to serve here at Hope Church!
FOR 678 & 912 YOUTH:
- We often have service opportunities Wednesday Nights, from 7:30 to 8:30 after our 6:30 Bible studies end (if we aren't playing games in the gym.) Hope Youth are welcome to bring friends who need service hours.
- To serve Sunday evenings at Bread of Life, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- All Hope Youth can contact Becky Kilbride if they'd like to help with Kids' Sundays craft prep at home.
- Confirmed 678 Youth and active 912 Youth are invited to serve at Kids' Camp (formerly VBS) each summer. Many of our Youth serve annually as classroom teachers or helpers, while others serve in tech, the music team, outdoor games, or in behind-the-scenes prep or decorating. To join us, email HopeKids@sharethehope.org for more information.
FOR 912 YOUTH ONLY:
- Since 912 Youth meets on Sunday evenings, there are service opportunities for high school youth on Sunday mornings:
- To serve with Kids' Sundays (Small Group Leader, Preschool or 2s Class Helper, Preschool Teacher, Tech Team, or 11:15 Multi-Age Class Support), contact Becky Kilbride. Training and support will be provided. Most positions are weekly or twice a month from 9:15 to 11am.
- To serve with the Tech Arts Team, either in the tech booth, tech office, or as a stage helper, please contact Paul Christopher.
- To serve on Hope's First Impressions team as a Worship Greeter, Parking Lot Attendant, or Usher, contact Sharon Kunkel.
- To serve behind-the-scenes (running the dishwasher!) on Communion Sundays (1st & 3rd) during the 9:45 service, contact Laura Kneeland.
- To serve in the Gathering Place Cafe (typically one Sunday per month), contact Leanne Bohn.
- To serve at the Welcome Desk, especially as tech help for computer registrations, contact Teresa Ludington.
- To serve as a Communications Assistant (could be on Sunday mornings) by posting to Hope's social media platforms, preparing podcast artwork, and distributing print materials, contact Sharon Kunkel.
- 912 Youth are also needed for help with childcare for Life Groups , often hosted at Hope members' homes. If you can help, contact Josie Ziervogel.
- Hope Church has a partnership with Longridge Elementary School and 912 Youth are invited to serve in the after-school clubs (Reading, Chess, Gardening, and Basketball) -- click here for more information on Hope's partnership and to volunteer.
- More service opportunities at Hope Church can be found here.
All events (except weekly gatherings) require advance registration and a current Youth Participation Packet.
Please let us know if emergency or health information changes.
CAN & BOTTLE DRIVE
You can help raise funds for our annual high school summer mission trip by donating your cans & bottles!