This privacy notice discloses the privacy practices for Hope Church, our website; http://sharethehope.org and additional systems used for communications through third-party developers (i.e. Hope App, Remind, etc.). This privacy notice applies solely to information collected, except where stated otherwise. It will notify you of the following:
- What information we collect;
- With whom it is shared;
- How it can be corrected;
- How it is secured;
- How policy changes will be communicated; and
- How to address concerns over misuse of personal data.
Information Collection, Use, and Sharing
We are the sole owners of the information collected. We only have access to/collect information that you voluntarily give us via email or other direct contact from you. We will not sell or rent this information to anyone.
We will use your information to respond to you, regarding the reason you contacted us. We will not share your information with any third party outside of our organization other than as necessary to fulfill your request, e.g., to pray; plan an event etc.
Your Access to and Control Over Information
You may opt out of any future contact with us at any time. Many systems have an unsubscribe or stop feature you can do this yourself, but this does not remove your information. You can contact us via the email address email@example.com or phone number (585)723-4673 to:
- See what data we have about you, if any.
- Change/correct any data we have about you.
- Have us delete any data we have about you.
- Express any concern you have about our use of your data
Steps to Deleting my Account & Information
- Contact Hope Church with your desire to remove your account and share what specific system or all systems you would like to be removed from.
- firstname.lastname@example.org or phone number (585)723-4673
- We’ll confirm who you are based on the information you’ve previously shared with us.
- Hope Church will remove the data it has access to and contact third party developers if they do not have access.
- A confirmation will be made to your preferred communication method when Hope can verify the data has been removed as a final communication.
We partner with other platforms to enable specific services & communication. When the user signs in with a partner, we will share names or other contact information necessary for the third party to provide these services. These parties are not allowed to use personally identifiable information except for the purpose of providing these services.
We take precautions to protect your information. When you submit sensitive information via the website, your information is protected both online and offline.
Wherever we collect sensitive information (such as credit card data), that information is encrypted and transmitted to us in a secure way. You can verify this by looking for a closed lock icon at the bottom of your web browser, or looking for “https” at the beginning of the address of the web page.
While we use encryption to protect sensitive information transmitted online, we also protect your information offline. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job (e.g. billing or ministry service) are granted access to personally identifiable information. The computers/servers on which we store personally identifiable information are kept in a secure environment.
We use “cookies” on this site. A cookie is a piece of data stored on a site visitor’s hard drive to help us improve your access to our site and identify repeat visitors to our site. For instance, when we use a cookie to identify you, you would not have to log in a password more than once, thereby saving time while on our site. Cookies can also enable us to track and target the interests of our users to enhance their experience on our site. Usage of a cookie is in no way linked to any personally identifiable information on our site.
This website contains links to other sites. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the content or privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our site and to read the privacy statements of any other site that collects personally identifiable information.